Mari Kela Wafers
₹60.00 – ₹270.00
“Mari Kela Wafers” refers to banana wafers or banana chips, which are a popular snack in various parts of India and other countries. These wafers are made from thinly sliced bananas that are deep-fried until they become crispy and golden brown. They are often seasoned with salt or other spices to enhance their flavor.
- Raw bananas (green plantains)
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Preparation: Peel the raw bananas and slice them very thinly using a mandoline slicer or a knife. Aim for uniform slices to ensure even frying.
- Frying: Heat enough oil in a deep pan for deep frying. The oil should be hot but not smoking. To check if the oil is ready, drop a small slice of banana into it; if it sizzles and rises to the surface, the oil is ready.
- Frying the Slices: Fry the banana slices in batches. Be cautious while adding them to the hot oil to prevent splattering. Fry until the slices turn crisp and golden brown. This usually takes a few minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried slices and place them on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Seasoning: While the Kela Wafers are still warm, sprinkle them with salt to taste. You can adjust the amount of salt based on your preference.
- Cooling and Storing: Allow the wafers to cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container. This helps them retain their crunchiness.
Kela Wafers are commonly enjoyed as a snack with tea, as a side dish, or on their own. You can get creative with the seasoning by adding spices like red chili powder, chaat masala, or black pepper if you’d like a spicier or more flavorful variation.
200GM, 500GM, 1KG