Chana Chor Garam
₹60.00 – ₹270.00
“Chana Chor Garam” is a popular Indian street food snack that’s especially enjoyed during evenings and outdoor gatherings. It’s known for its spicy and tangy flavor and is a favorite among people of all ages. This snack is often sold by street vendors and is commonly found in parts of North India.
- Whole chickpeas (chana) – boiled and dried
- Onions – finely chopped
- Tomatoes – finely chopped
- Green chilies – finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves – chopped
- Chaat masala – a tangy spice mix
- Roasted cumin powder
- Red chili powder
- Lemon juice
- Salt – to taste
- Preparation: The main ingredient, chana (whole chickpeas), is boiled and then dried thoroughly. This gives them a crispy texture when seasoned.
- Mixing Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the dried chickpeas with finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies, and fresh coriander leaves.
- Seasoning: Add chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, and salt. These spices add a tangy and spicy kick to the snack.
- Mixing: Gently mix all the ingredients together, ensuring that the spices and seasonings coat the chickpeas and other ingredients evenly.
- Serving: The prepared Chana Chor Garam is served in small portions, often in paper cones or cups. It’s typically eaten immediately after preparation.
- Lemon Juice: Just before serving, a splash of fresh lemon juice is squeezed over the mixture to add a zesty flavor.
Chana Chor Garam is a wonderful combination of flavors and textures, with the crispy chickpeas, the freshness of vegetables, and the tanginess of the spices and lemon juice. It’s a flavorful and satisfying snack that’s perfect for outdoor gatherings, fairs, and as a quick bite to enjoy while walking around the streets. Keep in mind that variations might exist in different regions, so the exact recipe can vary based on local preferences.
200GM, 500GM, 1KG